Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hiatus Ended?

The past few months have been busy...and I have neglected my beloved blog. Marcus and I recently watched the movie "Argo", which was enjoyable.
The big event that happened most recently was Hurricane Sandy, apparently the worst storm to hit The Tri- State area in quite a while. We live in downtown Manhattan, and although our building was fine, we felt the long term effects of the storm even after it was gone. Power and water were off for four days, and then when we got those back, we didn't have hot water or heat. Finally now we have those...I have never wanted a hot shower! Right after the hurricane, the streets of downtown Manhattan were out, and people were walking around with flashlights. It was a little eery. And since it was difficult to get transportation anywhere, we resorted to walking a lot of the time. My family out in Westchester only got power and heat back today, and it's been over a week. Luckily though we weren't seriously affected like so many were, I cannot even imagine. Now that things are returning to normal more and more, I'm enjoying the things I took for granted before: a hot shower, running water, and that love/hate relationship I have with the NYC subway system! Since my neck issues, which has been over a year, I haven't been able to work out the way I wanted for a number of reasons. Today I decided to try spinning, since my physical therapist said it should be fine. It was great to be back, but I took it easy and left after 30 minutes, which is what the instructor wanted me to do...and I must say, I have to be seriously out of shape...because I haven't been that worn out and nauseous post workout in a very long time!

No comments: