Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day...

I know a lot of people think Valentine's Day is a joke, a media scam to get people to buy chocolate and cards, but I really like it. Why not celebrate love and friendship? And, if it's a reason to receive chocolate, why would I have a problem with that?!?! Marcus and I are going to watch a Rangers game at MSG tonight and then go to dinner somewhere tomorrow night. He got me a lovely box of chocolates from Switzerland, on his most recent trip to go skiing in France and to attend some business meetings in Geneva. Chocolate---good chocolate is probably the best gift ever. I made him a card (see photo) which was fun, because I love origami. Yesterday I watched this "documentary" called "Whores' Glory"....I feel like the point of documentary is to present both sides of the story as they happen and through interviews...of course the filmmaker's opinion can shine through...but overtly staged scenes are a no-no...and I felt like throghout this film there were weird, unnatural staged scenes. Then there was a john having sex with one of the prostitutes---well, given the full monty shown, I can attest atleast that was legitimate. Woah. Speaking of "The Full Monty"---isn't that a fun movie??? So Marcus and I have been slowly, but surely trying to renovate our apartment. We've been here over a year, but things move slow! My sisters have been really helpful. Most recently we finally replaced our old vertical blinds with new shades and they look great! What's next...hmm so many things---the bathroom, the closet doors...I stumbled upon these cute dry erasable best in show ribbons----aren't they cute?! Happy Valentine's Day and may you enjoy the best chocolate of your life!!!

No comments: