Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Update


This past week was a busy one. This past Saturday I went to my friend's bachelorette party. She's also my co-worker. In the photo with me are Rachel, the girl of the hour, and next to her is Stefanie, a great friend and also my co-worker. It was fun and funny...we first started out at Cienfuegos, an East Village/Alphabet City bar, (which I'd go back to, by the way) then headed over to Lucky Cheng's. So let's just say the focus is definitely NOT on food service. It's like a bachelorette/birthday/tourist factory/venue, if you will...but the girls (the drag queens) were definitely working it. It's funny how getting groped and insulted could be considered sexual harassment, but when it's done by a drag queen, it's all in good, clean fun! I got home late, meanwhile Marcus was up in Harlem that same night for a wedding. We got up early on Sunday morning to hit up breakfast at Locanda Verde and miss the brunch crowd. I had this great homemade granola with what tasted like a mix of yogurt, ricotta and lemon. Then we went on a TV movie rampage. We were home by about 10:30AM after breakfast, so we had the time! We first watched "Marmaduke", which was innocently entertaining. We also watched "The Other Man", which was a little weird, but okay. There was another movie we watched...but I don't remember at this point. Oh, well. Today was my day off, and I went to the gym and this evening I met up with my good friends and old college roommates, Tina and Chantima. We ate at Lotus of Siam in the village. Chantima is Thai, and her family used to run a thai restaurant on the Upper East Side...she heard that the Lotus of Siam in Las Vegas was supposedly the best thai food outside of Thailand, so she was curious. The food was good, but we all agreed we need to hit up the Thai joints in Queens and they would be more satisfying and more economical. Not to mention my green papaya salad was disappointingly too sweet. C'mon, now!

No comments: