Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Post Blizzard...Way Behind...


I just realized I still haven't finished recounting my trip to Italy...yikes. I definitely will need to finish that up, just need all of my photos uploaded. In the meantime, a lot has happened since my last blog entry. Christmas just passed, which was fun. We went to my parents' house, and as usual, there was tons of food. On Christmas Day (we celebrate on Christmas Eve), Marcus and I had a movie marathon at home. First I cooked us some breakfast: scrambled eggs, pancakes (from scratch, of course), and ricotta with fruits and honey. It was pretty good. Then we started the movies. We watched all three "Lord of the Rings" movies...it was an all day, all night event, but well worth it! And Marcus is a Lord of the Rings guru, so any questions were promptly addressed. The next morning we headed to the University Club for brunch. Marcus was recently accepted for membership there. At first it was so nice because we were literally the only ones there. Unfortunately some other diners crept in during our meal...oh, well. I had a very good omelet. Then the blizzard hit, and I didn't make it to work (darn). I got to watch "The Unforgiven" with Clint Eastwood. What a great movie! I never had interest in Westerns, but this didn't seem to be your typical Western. Today Marcus took the day off and we checked out MoMA. We finally got to see the "Counter Space" exhibit, and of course the permanent collection (gotta get my dose of Matisse). We then ate lunch at Pret a Manger, then we ended up back home in our neck of the woods. We decided to try supposedly "Manhattan's Best Coffee" at Kaffe 1668. I always hesitated because of the attitude I got from the staff, but I was intrigued. We ordered (overpriced) drinks, and were met with hipster-ish attitude. When I commented on this to Marcus, he said "you can't have hipster attitude in Tribeca...you're in the wrong place for that." And it's true. Go back to LES or Williamsburg for that sh#t! You in Tribeca now, b#tch!

No comments: