Friday, January 28, 2011

For Better or Worse


It's been busy lately, for better and worse... so I've neglected my beloved blog. Let's see...New Year's Eve Marcus I did something a little different for us. We participated in the Emerald Nuts Midnight Run at Central Park! It was a lot of fun, and made me feel healthy...since my knees no longer allow me to run, we walked as briskly as possible. And I appreciate Marcus taking it many notches down for me (he's a marathon runner). So it probably pained him just a little to have to be walking. The next morning, New Year's Day, we ended up at Norma's, the breakfast joint at Le Parker Meridien. Yummy! Hmm...Marcus and I have put in an offer to a two bedroom co-op downtown. The owner's accepted the offer, but now we still have to sign the contract (pending the lawyer checking out everything and giving us the okay), and get approved by the board. So there are still a lot of hurdles. I'm excited, but I'm also trying not to get too emotionally invested if things fall apart. That's hard, considering I'm already pretend decorating in my mind. Some of the many hurdles we're passed have been the apartment inspections. Our inspector was excellent, and we also got the place checked out by a bed beg detecting dog. That happened today and the place passed with flying colors. We used Simon, a petite, black, mixed breed dog from Bell Environmental. This is the same place that makes the ads of Roscoe the Bed Bug Sniffing Dog. FYI, Roscoe has his own Facebook page AND a game on the iPhone! Interestingly, one of my patients, Daysee the beagle, was just sent down to one of the bed bug sniffing academies in Florida to become a professional! So exciting. I have also discovered ways to watch movies that are in theaters online. I watched "Black Swan" on movies2k and I really enjoyed it. Kind of reminded me of a Polanski film I really love called "Repulsion". Anyway, Marcus just left Geneva on business and he says it's beautiful, and there's chocolate and bakeries everywhere. He also said I'd really like it there. He's now in the Swiss Alps to ski with his friends, so that should be fun. Today I saw Terry-a and we caught up over lunch. Tomorrow I'm going to see my family, and Sunday I'm going to MoMA with my vet school friend Amy. On a sad note, a few days ago our family pet parrot Periquito died...he had gout and kidney disease and finally succumbed to it. He's been part of our family for almost 30 years, and I can still remember the day he first arrived at our house...I'm glad he's no longer suffering, but he'll be missed.

No comments: