Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hell Is Over For Now


I am DONE with day emergency (for now at least). I am SO thrilled. I woke up late this morning and did some cleaning. Then I watched "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2"...yes, I know. And yes I did watch the first one. Then I needed some food, so I ordered take out from this great Asian restaurant around here called Toku...and eating their mango pudding brought me back to my wonderful days of mango pudding engorgement in Hong Kong. If you've never been there, you need to make a trip---talk about incredible food. And mango pudding? Orgasmic I tell you! Speaking of sensational foods, I must tell you the place to find THE BEST mangoes ever is of course the Philippines...the place where mangoes have the consistency of custard and are free of those horrible fibers that get stuck in your teeth from the mangoes you can encounter from your local grocery store. I really need to get my hands on a mango pudding recipe. I've been trying for years. And when in the Philippines, you must also try the green mango drink. A little tart and very refreshing. AAHHH. As a side note, it's absolutely freezing right now. Considering I never see the light of day because I work 24-7 I didn't realize how wintry it really is...yikes.

No comments: