Thursday, December 18, 2008

Zombification


I finally ended my first week on overnights. I was supposed to go to Terry-a's and hang out, but her and baby Seren recently got sick...so I figured I shouldn't risk myself getting sick when I have to burn the midnight oil playing overnight emergency doctor. That sucks because I haven't seen them in SO LONG. So I slept a few hours today, woke up to Gustaf, our wonderful feline son, sleeping right next to me. So what has been happening on my overnight shifts so far? Well the usual suspects: strange people coming out of the woodwork at 3AM, some critical in patients going downhill and treating them, and some down time. The other night I watched "Coming To America" on DVD, and at about 3AM this morning I was watching an old "X-Files" (ahem, the namesake to this sweet blog) episode. I've also been doing some origami. In fact, I've even taught a few of my intern-mates some origami. It's a great way to de-stress yourself. Our office looks so cute! I hope my previous blogs about the Showtime series "Californication" intrigued some people to actually watch it. The season finale happened last week. I can't wait until the new season starts! Remember the Scratch Lounge we bought for Gustaf? Well he likes it---he hangs out in it, but he's not scratching the crap out of it like the cats online. Too bad, but at least he likes sleeping in it. Zombification, you ask? Well, working 6PM-8AM with bare bones staffing in a hospital definitely makes me feel like a zombie at times...ha ha...

No comments: