Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gym Mishaps


Well, I've been trying to get to the gym as much as possible. This has been challenging when I've been dealing with maintenance issues in our apartment that forces me to stay here for 4-8 hours at a time waiting for people. But anyway, I went to a body sculpting class today. I've been interested in trying new things...and my beloved spinning class wasn't available at a time I was interested in. So I thought I gave myself enough time to walk to the gym, but I walked in late. Needless to say, I didn't know what was going on. I have never taken a body sculpt class, so I didn't even know what type of weights to grab, or where they were! So I hastily grabbed some weights and found a spot on the floor. It turned out to be frustrating. I couldn't see the instructor, and I had weights that were way too heavy! So next time I better show up early to prepare myself! I really like my gym, but I wish they had Bikram Yoga. You do yoga poses in a room that's heated to about 100 degrees F. I love it, and better yet, the instructor doesn't even do the poses with you, he or she meticulously explains what poses you have to do and it's clear enough that from day one you can feel as though you're actively participating. It's pretty hardcore. And at least from my naive standpoint, I like the athletic challenge of it; I'm honestly not interested in doing yoga to calm my mind or any of that. What's the deal with the photo to the upper left? Ya, that's Bikram, the founder of Bikram Yoga; I think it's a pretty funny photo because he looks naked behind the woman.

1 comment:

Miss Tea said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to try Bikram Yoga next week. I'll let you know how it goes (or if I fall over).