Sunday, May 16, 2010

All Nighter!


Yesterday I took a spinning class with my favorite instructor and I figured out why I like spinning so much. It's because it's a mind f$ck! I don't like riding bikes, but what I love is that you're on this stationary bike and this instructor is helping you to envision mountains, climbs, and jumps. And based on that, you have to push yourself. And it's so hard! And you want to stop ,but then you don't want to stop, even though it hurts. And it's almost like a dance club in there...tons of people in very close quarters, sweating, with some bumping music (and I'm no longer ashamed to admit that I'm rockin' with myself when Britney or some cheesy pop club-esque music is blasting during class). In the afternoon I went to the cooking wonderland we call William Sonoma. I was in search of the perfect lemon press! I have lusted after a free standing one for a year, but we just don't have counter space. And I'm a lemonade snob and I love to make homemade lemonade, the real way. So I read some reviews online and there were many people raving about the stainless steel lemon press from William Sonoma. So that's how I ended up there. I also got a beautiful stainless steel cupcake pan (I prefer to bake with glass-but I don't know if there's such a thing as glass cupcake baking pans) and cake racks for cooking baked goods! I've wanted those forever! I am so excited. Anyway later in the day Gina, my fellow internmate and vet school friend, came over and we had a sleepover! It was a lot of fun. We ate dinner, then went out in the East Village for a little while. We came back to the apartment and watched what other than..."Forgetting Sarah Marshall". At that point when that was done, it was 4AM. We then proceeded to watched crappy middle of the night shows like "Cheaters". Finally at 6AM I called it quits (even though Gina wanted me to stay up). Later that morning when we woke up I made us pancakes and we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was a pretty busy day on the bridge! Marcus also came home from Bermuda so we got to hear about his trip. Then Gina headed back home...and I hit the grocery store to buy some baking supplies. I love baking, and I'm pretty good at it, but because I'm always afraid I'm going to eat what I bake, I never bake. Well, I thought to myself: baking makes me happy. So I will have to somehow deal with the baking and not shoving my face too much. Tomorrow I'm making vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting, from scratch of course! Oh and I just tried the lemon press I bought and it's amazing! It juiced the hell outta those lemons!

No comments: