Friday, June 4, 2010

Animals Dying Everywhere.


I've been a little MIA from this blog lately. What has been happening lately? Well, I've been watching movies, of course, like "The Motorcycle Diaries", which I enjoyed to my surprise. In the past few days I've become sick and really not feeling well. The BP oil spill is out of control. I can't believe they didn't have emergency equipment ready, on site, in case something like say, an oil spill happens. How is that allowed?! And seeing all those photos of the oiled animals really, really kills me. It's so f$ckin' depressing. It's amazing how messed up things are. And then I just finished watching the classic "Apocalype Now", which I thought was a great film until towards the end, when a cow is killed on camera...and it's for real. I mean, a huge sword type tool is flung down onto its back, the animal falls, and you can recognize anatomy---muscles, ligaments, and all. There's no way I can ever watch this movie again. It really horrifies me that someone can actually justify staging something like this for the sake of cinema. Slaughter is horrible as is it, but unless it was seriously happening anyway, and it was in no way happening because of the film, then fine. In which case, most likely, I'd be watching the slaughter in a documentary type film, which this one wasn't. And apparently the filmmakers and lawmakers deemed this slaughter okay because the Filipino tribe performing the slaughter (the movie was shot in the Philippines) usually did this kind of thing as a religious sacrifice. Which really doesn't matter, because the whole thing was staged on a set built there for the sake of the film. This really made me sick. It's so depressing what we humans do to animals, isn't it? Makes me wonder about us humans.

No comments: