Monday, June 21, 2010

Another All Nighter


Once again, it's been World Cup mania. This past Friday, Marcus and I went to watch a local soccer team- we watched the New York Red Bulls play a Brazilian team, Cruzeiro Esporte Clube. It was a fun match, and a really nice soccer stadium. We had incredible seats---the first row. It was pretty easy to get to...we just hopped on the Path train near us. Then Saturday night my former intern-mates and friends Christina, Vivian, and Gina came over for a sleepover. Marcus was going out with a friend of his, so it worked out. We ate some dinner, then bar hopped. My friends seemed to like the drinks the most at Ward III. By 2AM we ended up at Duet 48, a box karaoke bar. Although Christina kept saying she was scared to sing, she seemed to have on problem when we got there! We ended up coming home later on, and finally got a little shut eye at 6AM. The next morning we ate some brunch at Plein Sud, a local restaurant, and the food was really good! I gave in and had some pancakes with a mascarpone butter, which was scrumptious...the rest of the day Marcus and I hung out and took a short walk along the Hudson River. On a "yucky" side note, last week I developed some kind of weird allergic reaction that has manifested itself as some disease looking patched on my neck...so needless to say, I'm not thrilled. I went to the dermatologist who gave me some medication, but this s#it better go away! Because I don't want to walk around with pink patches on my neck! And I don't even know what I had a reaction to!

No comments: