Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer!


So now that Marcus finished with studying for the CFA exam, which had consumed most of his free time, we have been able to start to spend more time together, which I love. We started watching the HBO series "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency", produced by the late Anthony Minghella (think "The English Patient" director) and starring Jill Scott. The story line is good, but more impressive is Jill Scott's wardrobe! It takes place in Botswana, and I have a major soft spot for African cotton prints. She's rockin' these beautiful traditional African dresses all the time. Yesterday Marcus and I busted out the field hockey sticks and the soccer ball and played for a while. We were on one of the lawns in back of our apartment. It was great, but there are people all around, so everything has to be pretty tame. The past few years he's been teaching me how to play soccer (apparently I'm a lefty kicker) and I have been teaching him field hockey and lacrosse. And I just saw that the baseball field two blocks from us is open to the public, so that's another place we could play, and I could bring along the lacrosse sticks, too. Oh! I failed to mention that in the past couple of weeks I got Japanese hair straightening. My longtime hair stylist Yasuko did it, and I am so happy with the results. In the past 6 months I've noticed slightly more wave in my hair, and I was not happy about it. So even though the results in my hair (since my hair was more on the straight side) aren't dramatic, the maintenance is! Now I can wash my hair and when it air dries there's no frizz, and no fear of waviness happening. Before I was straight ironing it when it got bad. Life is good!

No comments: