Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Why I'm Sayin' No


So I'm on this campaign against high fructose corn syrup...and the reason for myself, at least, is because I recently found out from my doctor that I am technically considered a "pre-diabetic" based on bloodwork results. This scared the hell outta me, because diabetes runs in my family, and because as many of you know, I'm a chocoholic and inhaling a jar on Nutella on a daily basis isn't something I put past myself. So in the past few weeks I've drastically reduced my chocolate intake (very sadly so, by the way) and I've cut down on carb intake. I'm also working on reducing my orange juice consumption. I will say---recently I've noticed a difference in myself and I've lost some weight. My trainer even commented on it, and I've been training with her for 8 months and this is the first time she's said this to me. She has always told me that I have to watch what I eat to really see results, and I believe it. Speaking of eating, Marcus and I went to dinner at Maze, the restaurant in the London Hotel. It's a Gordon Ramsey joint. I thought the food was good, and we agreed we'd go back again. P.S.: Marcus and friends' new product line has launched! Check it out and spread the word!

No comments: