Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Good Ol' Saturday Night


Last night was Saturday night. After work, Marcus and I met up at Union Square and we ate at Vapiano. It's very reasonably priced Italian food, and it's pretty decent...all the pasta and pizza are freshly made on the premises. We then headed home for the event of the night: HBO Pay Per View! We were going to watch the greatly anticipated Manny Pacquiao Antonio Margarito boxing match. It was great! We don't follow boxing, but we heard about the match so we wanted to check it out. My father watched a lot of boxing when I was growing up, but I forgot how ridiculous the sport really is, and that's why it's so great. I love the trash talking, the controversies, the show, and the serious death stares and psych outs the boxers play off...but you truly have to be a little crazy and you have to buy into all the trash talk and self promotion to box, because there aren't many sports where you can REALLY get f$cked up, like in boxing...I mean, not many people would willingly sign up to get their faces jacked up with a chance of serious brain trauma. Anyway, Pacquiao won, but the other guy was a serious trooper...his face was butchered mid way through the fight, and he could barely see out of one eye...but he kept going. Damn. The match was not complete, of course, without a pre-match performance from the cheeser Nelly. Anyway, I'd like to follow more boxing. Today I went to the gym to work out. My trainer kicked the crap out of me...we were sparring...I need to work on my speed. Then I met up with Christina for brunch at Le Plein Sud down in Tribeca. We were catching up and planning our upcoming trip to Roma together!

No comments: