Friday, March 20, 2009

Hubba Hubba


Yesterday night Marcus and I went to a great restaurant that was recommended to me by the ophthalmologist at work, who's a self proclaimed "foodie", so I trust his opinion. We went to Dovetail on the upper west side. Good stuff! I was told to try the tasting menu, which I did. I even had truffles! Apparently it's the end of the season for truffles in Europe, so the restaurant had obtained one of the last batches. I'd recommend it. But honestly I'm a brunch freak, so I would have much rather tried their brunch than dinner if possible. But I'm not going to complain. Prior to making it into the city I watched Gus Van Sant's film "Elephant". It was a disturbing look at the lives of a few high school students somewhere in suburbia on the day of a school massacre, a la Columbine. Well what's the current obsession? I'm trying to work on getting out recently purchased Danish dining set reupholstered with some up to date fabric. We're potentially going with Dr. Sofa. So did you figure out what that illustration is all about? Well, they are dovetail joints in pieces of wood that fit together...and the name of the restaurant we went to last night was Dovetail...get it???

1 comment:

Mindy said...

interesting time michelle. how in the world do you find the time to do this?