Monday, June 1, 2009

All Before 12 Noon


Marcus and I took the 6:16AM train into the city to make our interview at INS, to once again, prove that our marriage is a real one. I joked that when we walked in the people probably thought I was the one looking to get the Green Card. Anyway, it looks like Marcus will finally get his permanent Green Card. Phew. Well, then I went to get my eyebrows threaded near Penn Station. From there I was supposed to go to Pet Central to pick up Gustaf's California Natural Chicken and Brown Rice cat food down at 23rd. So I trekked over there. But it was 9:30AM, and they opened at 11AM! Augh. So then I backtracked and walked uptown to 36th Street to go to my sample sale spot...and there was a line down the block filled with women dying to get their hands on the Tory Burch stuff inside...well, I figured that even though I don't love Tory Burch, I'd check it out anyway since I had nowhere to be until 11AM. So I took a number (literally) and the workers were standing outside as if this place was a club and there was a guest list to get in. I stood in line for about 45 minutes and finally got in. I didn't like 90% of the stuff, but I did score this embroidered tunic, as seen in the photo above. And I've been searching for one for months. So I'm satisfied. By then I was concerned about getting back DOWNTOWN to the pet store and making it back to Penn Station to catch the next train to Long Island. I walked to the store, picked up the food and had more than enough time to stop at this fast food joint and grab some grub. It was alright enough. I think Marcus would like it because it had a variety of European fast food items like Swedish meatballs in a sandwich, fish and chips, and stuff like that. I definitely got some walking in today!

No comments: