Friday, June 12, 2009

Cozumel...Yummy


Marcus and I recently returned from our trip to Cozumel. We were there to attend the wedding of our friends Stacy and Casey. We were both in the wedding and it really went well. Way back in my blog's history, I talked about my trip to Cozumel and the villa me and Stacy saw that would one day be the site of her wedding! Well it came to fruition. I'll have photos to post soon, I hope. Well this trip was a quick one. We arrived Sunday afternoon, rented a car and headed straight for the ocean to frolic. The following day we spent most the day at the beach. That night we walked around the center square and met up with fellow wedding goers. The following day was the wedding, and then finally, this past Wednesday we had to leave. Before we left though, I had the best meal I ate that entire trip...we went to the Panaderia Cozumelena (a bakery) and I ate divorciados, which are fried eggs prepared in two different, delicious sauces. It was orgasmic. I need to somehow recreate that. Speaking of incredible food, we went into the local grocery store and I discovered coconut yogurt, made by the brand Lala. SO delicious. I tried to recreate it at home this morning with some plain yogurt, coconut milk, and coconut flakes, but it didn't cut it. But I think I'll try again with some kefir.

1 comment:

majsen said...

Wish I was back in Cozumel with you :-)