Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Frozen Dinners and Falling Off the Veggie Wagon


When I'm in school all day or in the hospital all day, it gets really old eating the same frozen meals...especially since I'm a vegetarian (although I recently fell off the wagon...). So the selection is weak for us vegetarians. But Marcus discovered this great brand---Amy's. Their frozen meals taste and look like real, wholesome food! It's great. And the brand makes all different types of meals. It's a tiny bit more expensive than other frozen dinners, but it's well worth it. Even the frozen pizzas are impressive. So back to my temporary lapse of vegetarian judgement---well I was at my favorite brunch spot up here in Ithaca, the Elizabeth Restaurant, and they added something called the Life Changer to the menu...and it truly is life changing. It's the mother of all hamburgers, the creme-de-la-creme. It was seriously the BEST hamburger I've EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Everything from the bun to the cheese stuffed into the meat, to the stir fried leeks...oh geez. So the first time Stacy convinced me that splitting the burger with her was fine, and no one has to know. Then we went back a second time and I ordered it all by my lonesome...then I knew I had a problem. So I swear that the next time I enter that restaurant I will NOT eat meat!!!

No comments: