Friday, April 11, 2008

Talking About Race


I love talking about race and race relations. It's really important and it's so complicated. I was watching the horrible Today Show and there was a piece about a documentary called "Meeting David Wilson". It's about a filmmaker named David Wilson who contacts another man also named David Wilson. It turns out the filmmaker's family was owned by the other David Wilson's family during the most prominent years of slavery...I say "prominent" because in my opinion, on many levels slavery didn't really cease to exist here in the States for quite some time. Well it sounds like the documentary is airing on MSNBC tonight at 9PM EST. I am not sure if I can watch it, but I would really like to. On a completely different note, Marcus is coined to start his new job at a start up hedge fund in just a couple of weeks. So he's going to be moving down to the NY area a little earlier than me. Last night Stacy and I watched David Schwimmer's (of Friends fame) first, I think, directorial attempt. It's called "Run Fat Boy Run". I think it was mostly character driven, not the greatest. Overall it was a nice, but predictable film. But that's not always a bad thing. I wouldn't go out to watch it, but if it was on TV I'd see it again.

No comments: