Monday, April 14, 2008

Seren, Stephen, Music


So did you watch that documentary "Meeting David Wilson"? I found it really interesting. I saw Terry-a and Steve's newborn daughter Seren, this weekend on a whirlwind trip to the tri-state area. So beautiful! Terry-a schooled me on feeding and burping basics. It was a lot of fun to not only meet her, but see my friends as parents. It's sort of surreal. On a not so good note, I just got word that Stephen and his girlfriend Alex got into a serious car accident in Hanoi. But they're okay now. I'm really hoping Stephen will make sure that there was no internal head trauma. His head had actually hit the windshield and he needed stitches. On another completely unrelated note, and a much less serious one, I was listening to my old CD's in the car when I was driving to and from NY. I just want to say that even if you don't like R&B, or if you think it's cheesy, if you've ever heard the vocals of Jodeci and Intro (remember them??), you have to admit it's like perfection! Most people have no business doing remakes of Stevie Wonder songs, but Intro did, in my opinion, a worthy remake of "Ribbon In the Sky". And Jodeci's "Come and Talk to Me"...and "Forever My Lady"...Gorgeous, gorgeous voices. I tried to find out where the members of Intro were today, and sadly it turned out that the lead singer, Kenny Greene, died of AIDS related complications back in 2001. Anyway, Stephen and Alejandra, I hope you're okay!

No comments: