Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Jury Is In


Today I went to Spa Castle in Queens with Stephen and it was great! We were there for about 5 hours...I highly recommend it. First you go to the locker rooms (men and women separate), take a shower, then hang out in the multiple "tubs" with different temperatures...my personal favorite was the hottest one, like 117 degrees or something. What can I say---I like it painfully hot. At that point, I went upstairs and met up with Stephen. We then went to the multiple saunas. My favorite was again, the hottest one, that had some clay or mud going on. There was also the salt one that was sweet. We then went to the massage chairs which were no joke, and finally made our way up to the rooftop for the pools with the massage jets and all. My favorite up there was the disturbingly forceful "waterfall" that drops on you to massage your neck. I had no idea what was coming and Stephen watched me as I got the mother of all splashdowns on my head. I was laughing so hard. Then we went back downstairs, ate some food, chilled out on some chairs and talked, then we left. A great day! I LOVE IT THERE! But I must say you better be comfortable being naked around people---the tubs in the lockeroom areas are a no clothes situation. But we're all adults, so no problem, right? Right.

No comments: