Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Intern? No Mercy!


So I just finished my first couple of days on the ER floor technically "shadowing" the more seasoned interns...although that really depends on who you're with, because last night I got thrown into to it pretty good. Although I felt like a deer in headlights trying to make decisions on my own, in the end it was a good thing. Because in less than 2 weeks, there will be no more seasoned interns to follow! So far I've placed a drain in the skin to treat a bite wound and I, along with another intern, sutured the eyelid of a dog shut because his eyeball partially popped out after a dog fight. New experiences! I also saw a guinea pig for a digestive issue and saw a little dog with a draining tract from his rectum to his thigh! So feces was coming out of his thigh! That was horrific. Anyway...I'm tired. Today I'm off, so I'll try to savor it as much as possible...I hope I can hang on for a year of this because honestly I'm already exhausted! Apparently the picture above is from a real life medical intern's blog turned TV show from Japan...maybe that person made so much money from that show she doesn't have to be an intern anymore! Hmm...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe your blog will make you rich. The feces-thigh thing is crazy. I am envious of your experience!