Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Wedding Day


Today Marcus and I attended the wedding of one of my closest friends, Anthony. It was at the New York Botanical Gardens and it was really a good time. Between the setting and the great food, I'd highly recommend having a wedding there. Other than Anthony, I did not know anyone at the wedding, and Marcus has only met Anthony a couple of times...and I'm not the most extroverted type in these situations...which is kinda interesting because I can be incredibly, if not inappropriately outgoing in other social situations. But I was so happy for Anthony, and I finally met his new wife today, but only briefly. The people sitting at our table were a fun crowd, so that was a bonus. I remember during the reception it hit me that I really value time spent with friends and family, and how important they are compared to a job...even if that job helps others, still having time to appreciate those closest to you is the most important thing. Which really makes me look forward to "getting on with my life" next year, AKA NOT pursuing residency so I can actually have some free time. Marcus and I just finished watching the film "The Savages", which was pretty good. It's about a brother and sister who end up taking care of their elderly father in spite of the fact that he was a pretty bad father when they were growing up. One of the people sitting at our table at the wedding mentioned their favorite film was the Aussie flick called "Flirting"... so maybe I'll try to Netflix that. I really hope that the bride and groom will make some wedding shots available, because we didn't take any photos in the hopes that we'd have access to good ones. But I am kind of bummed that Marcus and I didn't take a photo of us together, because we rarely get to go out together...

No comments: