Sunday, August 16, 2009

So, From the Beginning...


So regarding our moving into our apartment in Gramercy, then one month later moving to another place downtown...the plan was to move into the place up in Gramercy, have five weeks of rest and relaxation prior to starting my new job, and all that good stuff. What really happened? Long story short we moved into a pre-existing roach problem. And one month of many maintenance visits, exterminators, caulking, and ripping out cabinets didn't change a thing. Oh, not to mention developing a lot of stress, anxiousness, and not eating. Marcus and I were not happy to say the least. Finally, then let us out of the lease, for a hefty price. But hey, we're out, right? And now, so far, we're loving our new place. And the neighborhood is wonderful! Today I walked along Hudson River Park (we live right off the Battery Park City Esplanade), and then took a quick 10 minute walk to Century 21 to buy a bag for work. I also watched this not so great, but watchable movie called "The List"...I'd say if it's a Sunday afternoon and you need something to watch, then go for it. Wayne Brady was in it...and that reminds me of one of my absolute favorite Dave Chappelle skits with Wayne Brady! Last night Marcus and I met up with his long time friend from Sweden, Sung Mee, and her boyfriend, Raul. We met at South Street Seaport, then we ended up across the river in the Vinegar Hill section of Brooklyn. Raul knew of this restaurant called Vinegar Hill House, and it was pretty damn good food...except for the bitchy waitress! We ate this great dessert called Guinness Chocolate Cake...so rich, not too sweet...yum! I need to try baking it one of these days...when we got home, I started to watch the Mexican flick "Y Tu Mama Tambien", but fell asleep...I want to watch the rest of it, though.

No comments: