Thursday, August 27, 2009

Visitors from Sweden


Yesterday Marcus' father, step mom, and little brother Jesper arrived for a short visit. It's been so long since I've seen them, so it's nice to have some time to spend with them. Last night we walked around our neighborhood, and this morning I walked around with them. Marcus met up with them later to take them around Rockefeller Center. In the meantime, I headed back home because I've been so tired and I needed to mentally prepare myself for going back to work tomorrow (yuck!). So I grabbed some very good food from this Mexican joint here in Tribeca called "The Bigger Place". Apparently they serve breakfast daily, and they have huevos rancheros...so I'm excited! I inquired about huevos divorciados, and the man at the counter schooled me on the fact that divorciados really isn't a traditional Mexican dish, but something someone made up in order to be able to cook something with the two distinct sauces that make it so great. Oh well, I don't care...it still tastes so good! This weekend we plan to go up to Westchester with Marcus' family. We'll eat some lunch with my family and maybe check out Chef Central.

No comments: