Monday, October 26, 2009

Backwards Blog


Yesterday I went to Six Flags Great Adventure...which was great fun! But until I figure out how to scan in a photo from that excursion (we have a new printer), I'll hold off until then. As for now, I think I finally found my salad spot! Since Wegman's in Ithaca, I've longed for great salads...and even though we're in New York City, I've always had problems with the salads here...good ingredients, but way too many salad leaves, not enough other stuff. So I took a short walk over to this little cafe called Peace & Love in Tribeca...and I got the Machu Picchu salad (sans the raisins)...it has mixed greens, goat cheese, palm hearts, dried cranberries, aioli, and vinaigrette. absolutely delicious and not too much in the way of leaves. Of course I'll never see the prices or the variety of toppings I saw in Wegman's, but I'll take it! As I've said before, if you've never experienced the design it yourself salads there, you've missed out...

No comments: