Monday, October 5, 2009

Te Quiero....Apartamento mio


Yes, I love our place…I don’t know about you, but I love to love my home. I love being at home…and everyday when I’m walking back home I’m reminded of the great neighborhood and great apartment we live in. A long cry from our previous place just a couple of months ago. And the guy in the photo…who’s he? Read on…you’ll see…Well today was a good day for me. Although I didn’t do anything too exciting, I hung out at home, spoke with Stephen, and caught up on some chores I had to do. I watched “The Red Shoe Diaries”, an old movie starring David Duchovny. Being a hard core “X-Files” and “Californication” fan, I had to get my history straight. Well history proved itself: this soft core-esque movie was pretty damn bad! Ha ha. Then I watched Oprah and the show was about inspirational true stories. And there was a piece about the rock band Journey. Although I’m not a Journey fan, I did always think that Steve Perry, the former lead singer, had an amazing voice with crazy range. Well, anyway, the group found their newest lead singer by finding him on a you tube video…and it turns out the guy, Arnel Pineda, was a Filipino in Manila, who grew up in poverty and sang in bands around the Philippines and Hong Kong, only to be discovered randomly on the internet. So inspirational…and he can belt a tune! And it reminds me of how much I really need to go back to the motherland (the Philippines)...and introduce the hubby to it...

No comments: