Monday, November 16, 2009

No More Sugar


I love it SWEET--and I mean really sweet. But my 5 sugars in a cup of coffee is probably not the best thing for me. So I am trying to do the whole Splenda thing...it's been 48 hours of Splenda, and I guess it's okay. I think it tastes pretty nasty, but supposedly I'll get used to it. AUGH! And then there's the velvet cake I made (note I didn't say RED velvet)...and why is that? Because we got the red food coloring dye from Whole Foods...and once again proof that this whole organic thing may not always be the best! Don't get me wrong, Whole Foods has its place, but I don't buy that it's God's gift to grocery shopping. Well, the red dye didn't work at all. But the cake was pretty good anyway! Just not that satisfying deep red color the cake should be. So this past Saturday night Marcus and I checked out a local bar-lounge at the hip Smyth Hotel. I even had a drink! I even finished it! Then Sunday I met up with Terry-a and we brunch at The Odeon. That night Marcus and I watched "Lymelife". It was pretty good, I thought: Long Island in the 70's, a highly dysfunctional family, and people dealing with a Lyme Disease scare.

No comments: