Thursday, December 31, 2009

No Pain No Gain...This New Year


So yesterday I officially embarked on a new phase in my life: my life with a personal trainer. I've wanted one for a while, but now I finally went for it because I just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere with working out, and I've lost definition and gained weight. YUCK. I thought this was happening because I've been so busy the past few years with vet school and my internship. Plus, ever since my knees went bad, I have not been able to do things like running, which was a sure thing for me to shed weight. But now I have time to work out and I still don't see results. So I signed up with a trainer I've been eying for a while at my gym, and she's excellent so far! She's a spunky, petite Muay Thai kick boxer and personal trainer. She kicked my ass yesterday. We started with push ups, sit ups, punches and kicks using a weight bag and targets, then arms and chest. It was so painful and exhausting it was great. I could not keep up and I so wanted to stop a certain points...but she didn't back down and made me continue. I'm really excited, and hopefully this is going to pay off. I'm so sore and painful right now...the kind of post workout pain I haven't felt since pre season training for field hockey back in the day! YA! In terms of our New Year's plans, we're going to meet my sisters for dinner, then Marcus and I are headed off to Pacha for some superclub party action. Happy New Year!

No comments: