Thursday, July 15, 2010

Glee!


So today Marcus headed off to Sweden to visit his family and friends. Since I'm starting a new job soon (augh), I couldn't go this time. And every time he goes away, my food situation becomes a frantic point of stressing. Because he's the cook in our house...it's so interesting how dependent you can become...I mean, shoot, I'm a grown woman who lived on my own and was capable of feeding myself! But I am not a cook, have never feigned to be one. So whenever he leaves, I end up pseudo starving, or running to the store and figuring out some ghetto solution. So my latest thing to do is to go to Whole Foods and to buy one of those whole roasted chickens...and then I eat that for the next 3 days and then figure something else out. Marcus has been making himself these health smoothies lately; they have non fat yogurt, fruits, and skim milk in them. I hopped on board, and they're great! I sometimes add honey to make them sweeter. So my new thing is to have one of those and cereal (without corn syrup, of course) in the mornings. Although it's nice to have time to myself (Gustaf and I are holding down the fort), I do miss him a lot when he's gone, and I'm going to be starting a new job and it would be great to have him physically here when that happens. Anyway, I am watching that Fox show "Glee". Gotta love it. As crazy and over the top as it is, it's great, I must admit. I mean, damn, if there was a glee club at my high school and it was like that when I was a senior (...I had gained some confidence by then...I was a late bloomer), I would have loved to wear semi too-risque-for-teens costumes, all while belting out cheesy tunes! P.S.: I secretly wished I would have been a cheerleader because of the uniforms and the pom poms...haha. This afternoon I watched Oliver Stone's "Born on the Fourth of July". I really like that movie; it's beautifully shot (Robert Richardson), and it's such a painful journey to watch. Tom Cruise was pretty good...and I really don't like him because I feel like I can't separate his performance from his real life persona usually.

No comments: