Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pies N' Thighs, Baby, Pies N' Thighs


The other day Koh-chan and I ventured into Williamsburg to eat lunch at Pies N' Thighs. Good old Southern food! Jennifer decided to make a funny when I told here where we were eating...she said "I hope that's a chicken wings place"...ha ha. Well the food was pretty good. Then we chilled at this park on the water just a few blocks away. Later that day I went out with Stephen. We ate at a Japanese joint on St. Mark's Place, then bummed around the East Village. We ended up walking all the way to Chambers Street, where we parted ways. Well, this week has been the week of World Cup upsets! First Italy last week, then Brazil, now Argentina! Well, first of all, the Netherlands played really, really well against Brazil...and when things fell apart, oh did it get ugly. The own goal by a Brazilian, then later in frustration he picked up a red card for kicking a Dutch player with the spikes on his cleats. Not a way to go out---like a sore loser. And today---Argentina...with all the crap Maradona, their coach talks, there was nothing to show for because Germany shut them down. Oh and yesterday's painful game: Ghana vs. Uruguay. It ended in painful penalty kicks, and Ghana was out. It was crazy when in the very last minute (before the game went to penalty kicks) Ghana had a kick that could have given them the game, and the ball hit the cross bar on the goal! Augh. So crazy. Now we're waiting for the next game on in a couple of hours. This past week I've really jacked up my knees somehow. I went on a spinning class rampage and as a result, my knees haven't had time to recover. So I decided not to work out today, which sucks. Oh and the other day I went to work with my good friend, and fellow veterinarian, Christina. I like it because I kinda get to hang out with her and see how things are done at her hospital. I got to do some surgery, which was cool, too. Well, let's see how the game goes this afternoon...and I recently found Redline Princess in CVS. As my fellow intern-mates know, my last weeks as an intern were spent on overnights. That year was so exhausting, I ended up drinking this nasty energy drink, Redline, to get me (hyper) through those last few horrible weeks. Apparently, now they have the girly version: Redline "Princess".

No comments: