Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's All About Sustainable Energy!


Well I'm returning to work...augh, ya, work...sooner than later. And I was reflecting on how I can be healthier, and not eat bad things at work. I also want to avoid major sugar highs, then horrible energy crashes. Conveniently I saw a segment on the Today Show about certain snacks for maintaining energy without crashing, and snacks to curb your appetite without the horrible sugar crashes. One is called Flavor & Fiber, by Gnu. It's one of those energy type bars. I'm really not into these things, but I did try it and it seemed to curb my appetite without making me have a sugar rush. But I am skeptical. Let's see if I can pull this off at work. The other thing I was interested in was E Boost. It's one of those powders you add to water. It provides energy via vitamins, minerals, and green tea extract, aka caffeine. Even though there's caffeine, the energy you get from E Boost will supposedly not cause a bad crash after. So we'll see. Because with my coffee at work, I find that I don't get that much of a boost and I'm exhausted later. Speaking of all these energy drinks, Stephen enlightened me when we were walking around the other day and we were talking about how we get heat/dehydration headaches...he said that the one thing that works for him is drinking Vitamin Water, in "Energy" flavor...so that's my go-to now!

No comments: