Monday, August 11, 2008

Tornadoes, Billy Joel, Fountains, and Detox


WOAH it's been a LONG time since I blogged. Things have been crazy. Well, I've been busy, busy with work...some days are good, lots of days suck, and yesterday on ER I was tempted to cry. I really hope this time next year I won't feel this way and that the learning curve is a steep one. Anyway, Long Island seems to have crazy weather. A few days ago there was a tornado spotted off the beach, and today there's a tornado warning. Another disturbing factoid/observation about the Island---people here love Billy Joel. YUCK...I guess because he's from the Island himself. I went out and got Gustaf the Petmate Fresh Flow Pet Fountain. I've noticed that he has interest in sinks, and I really want him to drink more water...you may or may not know that male cats are at risk for developing urinary obstructions (hello emergency situation!) so you really need to make sure they're drinking enough water. Anyway, I hope he goes for it. Some cats prefer moving water. But I am also concerned that the fountain itself is making too much noise. Last night, after my sixteen hour workday, I got home and just felt really gross: I hadn't eaten all day, I haven't worked out regularly in weeks...no months, and I've been eating not so well either. I asked Marcus if I've gained weight since entering vet school and he said that indeed I have gained some. (We have an honesty agreement regarding this topic). So even though I fit into all my clothes, I can agree that I feel like I've lost definition, and that I'm feeling a lil' thick all over. So today I decided I needed to really, really try to eat better since I don't have time (for the next year) to work out. I really hate that I can't workout regularly...but absolutely I refuse to become a disguisting sloth!!! That's NOT going to happen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love 'the Honesty Agreement' between you and Marcus. I can't imagine any other couple where such a convo wouldn't result in bitter feelings and lack of sex. Big Hug to M&M.