Saturday, January 5, 2008

Crash, Recharge, and Recover


The past few weeks have been draining! Luckily I have 6 weeks coming up that will be perfect for recharging. Aside from a few interviews, I'll be on less challenging services like radiology and behavior. So I can get back to the gym, sleeping more, and all that fun stuff. Then I have two weeks free! Orthopedics has been fun. I've been learning a lot about surgery, which is always good. Tonight one of my patients, a cute sausage dog (Dachshund) named Luke is going home. He had a slipped disc. Tomorrow after I'm finished with morning treatments, I'm going to brunch...yes! When I came home this morning, I watched the french film "Ma Vie En Rose", which was a whimsical, but pensive movie about a 7 year old boy who believes he's a girl trapped in a boy's body. Then I watched "Private Property", another french movie, about a divorced mother, her two adult sons who won't move out, and how she tries to move on with her life in spite of it. Good. I've been watching tons of french movies lately, and in most of them I've noticed that the living rooms have a huge bookshelf, taking up an entire wall. I really want one of those! I've really gotten into them. If we can't find a place that has one of those, maybe this one from Room and Board will be a decent stand in...

No comments: