Saturday, January 12, 2008

What Are You Doing Here?


Saturday! Yes! Marcus and I went to the gym this morning, then I had homemade oatmeal. Terry-a taught me a nice trick...cook the oatmeal with soy milk. It turns out creamier, and you don't really need to add sugar or honey. So I rocked the soy milk today. I just watched the 1987 french flick "Au Revoir Les Enfants". It was a good, depressing movie. Recommended! It's about a Catholic boys' boarding school in France during World War II that secretly hides Jewish students. I also practiced my suture patterns and I'm trying to learn how to "palm" my surgical instruments, which is a way of handling them so that you're more dexterous in surgery. Of course, they don't teach us that method here at Cornell. I found this interesting website with photographs of ancient Roman surgical instruments. Pretty cool. Tonight we're eating dinner for the first time at my favorite brunch spot up here, the Elizabeth Restaurant. Marcus told me this really funny story about a Polish man who went to a brothel and found out his wife was working there. My thought is, no one can really be mad in that situation! We started watching that USA series "Monk". It's pretty entertaining. It's a comedy series about an ex detective that works as a consultant for the San Francisco Police Department. He's incredibly anal retentive, which to some degree I can relate to.

No comments: