Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday


Well, today was my first day in radiology. It was pretty chill. So I welcome it for that reason and because I would really like to brush up on my skills in that department! We got out early, so I went walking outside, since it was close to 60 degrees F! Can you say disturbing?! Speaking of global warming and general issues that affect us all, I stumbled across this jewelry company based in New York that specializes in worldly causes. Not everything is super cute, but I really like some of the bracelets and rings they have. This evening I'm going to chill out, then pack because I'm heading to New York again for a 48 hour whirlwind visit to interview at two more hospitals. I'll briefly get to see Terry-a again, since I'm crashing at her place. And probably Saifra, since we're supposed to grab dinner with her. Other than that, Marcus is stuck in Chicago because of a flight cancellation. But he'll be home in a few hours. Once these interviews are done, I will have new frontiers to conquer: return to the gym on a regular basis, book the SCUBA diving trip to Cozumel with Stacy, work on my senior seminar (a case based presentation for the veterinary school), relax, potentially bring Twinkie to the vet for a check up, and conquer the world! AAAHHHHHH!!!!! Oh, and watch crazy films, of course. Yesterday I went to brunch with Stacy and I mentioned how the majority of my friends are in interracial relationships and how interesting it is...Stacy asked if that's why I'm friends with them or is it that I'm attracted to individuals who are open to all types of people? It's the latter, I know, which is a beautiful thing. By the way, although many of my friends are in interracial relationships these days, my first biracial friend is Stacy---someone who I just met a few years ago. That's sort of funny, because when we became friends it dawned on me that finally I had someone that could relate to me about certain things! Anyway, I've referred to a website in previous blogs that talks about the legalization of interracial relationships in 1967. Today I found a summary regarding the multiracial movement. It's interesting to read about the history behind it, and the challenges surrounding biracial people and the census, health issues, and laws affecting biracial people.

No comments: