Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday...The Day of Reckoning


Phew! I finished radiology. It was another slow day. But again, I got (extraneous) stuff done. I found a few dive shops in Cozumel that we may use when we go diving. I really wish I had time to dive regularly. Not only do I want more experience, but I would like to have enough diving under my belt to train to use Nitrox and even these new re breathing systems that "clean", reuse, and add more oxygen to the oxygen you breath out of your regulator. The benefits are that it's less wasteful and the bubbles don't scare away the fish. But there are drawbacks, too. Anyway, I really want to do a night dive. I haven't done that before. SCUBA diving is SO much fun, and if you're like me and like to obsess, it's a great way to channel your focus onto monitoring equipment and even your breathing and how it affects your buoyancy (By the way in re breathing systems you can't change your buoyancy the way you can with the traditional non re breathing ones)! Same thing with skydiving and focusing. Well, I guess I'm going to practice some surgical suture patterns, then potentially watch a movie. P.S., for anyone that loves the water, I highly recommend getting certified in SCUBA diving! Oh and P.S.S.: we took a radiograph of a fish today! Nothing is off limits at Cornell! Oh, and finally, the photo for today is from my trip to Roma, back when I was at NYU. I visited a distant relative who worked at a convent associated with the Vaticano. The nuns were so friendly! I was actually looking of a photo of me SCUBA diving, but I couldn't find one, so I instead stumbled upon this one, and thought it would be equally amusing.

No comments: