Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Me Time: A Possible Career?


I have two weeks off now, which is great. I'm a busy-body type person...I love making lists and crossing things off the list, can't sit around for too long because then I think about all the things I could be doing. Is this a great thing? Not really sure! Well, when I have time off, I'm just all around a better person. I feel better, I'm calmer, and I look better because I get to work out on the regular. But when I have time off, I have tons of what I call "personal projects" that have been on the backburner. I have more short term goals (hemming clothes, clicker training my cat, baking, going to the gym regularly, selling things on Craigslist) and more long term goals that are not going to get dealt with anytime soon, but I plan to do (learning Swedish, becoming a certified skydiver, learning how to fix a car, learning how to use a hand gun, but just for target practice!...no joke). So this can become taxing. And of course I have my everyday chores like cleaning, working on my senior presentation for school, running errands. Not that I'm complaining! It's just that I realized if I could somehow transform this all into a paid profession, I would be so successful! I mean, damn...I am productive and motivated (I know, these are things that I want to do, though)! Anyway, as for today, I just came back from swimming and picking up a salad for lunch. I'm going check out what's on TV in terms of movie possibilities, clean our apartment, make some phone calls, do some hemming, and work on school stuff. I hope to cross some things off that list....! This is random, but have you heard of Catalogchoice? If you receive unwanted magazines from companies, you can sign up for free to have them removed. It's a pretty simple process and it supposedly works! So I signed up. Check it out...

No comments: