Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wolf Creek: Continues to be Disturbing


I LOVE me a good scare, so of course I love horror flicks. But it's so hard to find one that really freaks me out. Marcus is out of town, so I decided to watch a horror flick by myself to get the full effect! I watched "Wolf Creek", an Aussie film made a couple of years ago. It's about three college aged friends that take a cross country adventure across Australia and end up in the Outback. I've watched it before, but it was really disturbing, so I wanted to watch it again. This movie was criticized for unnecessary violence, misogyny, and for untastefully being released Christmas Day. You know, watching it a second time I can say that yes---there's violence, and yes most on screen violence is targeted towards women. But I think the violence is what this is all about, and I can argue that the reason for all this is that the person performing all the violent acts is just a sicko. So if you're down to be disturbed and freaked out, I recommend this movie. The worst part is that it's supposedly based on a true story. But in doing a little research it looks like it's been inspired by a few real life stories. Wikipedia also has a little blurb on it. Wolf Creek is actually a national park where one of the largest meteorite craters on earth can be found.

No comments: