Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 1 in Cozumel: Assimilation


As promised, here goes my day-by-day account of my trip to Cozumel. I'm back in Ithaca right now, but I've got the time and resources to blog! So when Stacy and I arrived, we got the rental car. Driving appears to be a little haphazard there and mopeds seem to crop out of the woodwork--in a bad way! We checked into our hotel, then headed to the dive shop to confirm our reservations to go SCUBA diving the next day. We then learned that because we had not been diving for a LONG time, we needed the "refresher course", or as I like to refer to it: the remedial course. No, but it was really good. We reviewed basic physiology in terms of diving and the ever important diving table and how to read it. Plus our instructor Nemecio was great. And we got to dive after the 2 hour class. So good times, good times. I would highly recommend that dive shop to anyone who was going diving in Cozumel...and I did extensive research to find the right dive shop for us. Then we hit the beach to rampage and relax in the GORGEOUS waters. I brought my swimming goggles with me and one of those one time use underwater cameras so I got to see all the pretty fish in the water with me....see the photo above! That night we ate at a place we called the "Tweedy Bird Place" because there was Tweedy painted on the wall...this place left a lot to be desired..so if you're ever in el centro and see this place, don't do it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me encanta Tweety Bird... NOT!