Monday, May 12, 2008

Last Sunday Night's Terrors...


Well a week ago, I was enjoying a quiet night with Gustaf. Then, I saw a black thing flying over head in our living room...a bat...again. The last time we had problems with bats was over a year ago, and supposedly the old landlord had stopped up all the holes. So I had basically forgotten how it felt like to live in fear of these flying creatures. Plus, I've been programmed to associate bats with Rabies...I mean I think bats are really cute, and don't mean any harm, but it's just not cool, you know?!?! So I went into damage control mode (all while the bat was flying overhead): placed the cat in another room, opened all windows, opened the front door, closed all other rooms off, and sat and watched the bat fly around, so I knew where it was at all times...well, the bat started getting desperate and tired, and started flying low...like a couple of feet from the ground and above my head, and even landed on the ground. It finally left...and I finally reached my new landlords, who painstakingly tried to stop up any other holes that may have remained between all the beams and woodwork in our high ceiling...augh. The landlords may look into a bat removal program. I'm so looking forward to not having to deal with this when we move.

No comments: