Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's Day, Water, Exotic Textiles, and The Postal Service Did It AGAIN!


First, it's Mother's Day, so happy mama's day to all, including Terry-a, since this is officially her first Mother's Day! As a side note, I recently saw my mom and she looks absolutely spectacular for someone who's about to turn 70 years old...I hope I age like that. Anyway, I told Marcus that I vowed to stop drinking bottled water when we move down to Long Island, in an attempt to be more ECO-aware. But I really will miss my favorite bottled water of all time: Evian. And a close second: Acqua Panna. Delicious. And to all the Evian haters: yes, I CAN tell the difference between Evian and the lesser waters! Evian is so good, they even got Christian Lacroix to design a bottle for them! So today I picked up a Sigg reusable water bottle that I hope to use all the time in place of buying and lugging around bottled (disposable) water. Last night while I was perusing the Internet, I stumbled upon an Indian textile company that makes bed spreads, window treatments, and stuff like that. They have pretty sweet stuff (I like Indian printed cottons). We plan to buy a bedspread from them, and apparently every cloth is individually done by hand in a process called block printing. On their website they have a little slideshow about this procedure. Pretty cool. Final thought of the day: apparently the postal service is upping the price of stamps AGAIN. Tomorrow it'll be 42 cents a pop...and the reason why the postal service is constantly raising prices? There was some bill passed that somehow makes it easier for the postal service to raise prices...great!

No comments: