Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Saturday the 24th of May: I'm Done



The past couple of weeks have been busy...we U-hauled everything down to Long Island, and yes, I drove the 17' truck. Jennifer came up for a week and a half to hang out and to help us move. Thank God she was there, because it would have been rough without her help. Then she became obsessed with Gustaf the cat and wanted to kidnap him! Well, we U-hauled a week before we were actually going to officially move out, so we were living the squatter lifestyle---you know, little packets of ketchup and salt, and air mattresses. Then this past Saturday was our hooding ceremony, where we officially become doctors of veterinary medicine, oath and all. My family came up for the event and after we ate at a semi fast food joint called Moe's...good stuff! Now, my little nuclear family (Marcus, Gustaf, and I) are officially in Long Island. I'm still trying to get the place in order and Marcus is busy working in the city. I am SO thrilled to be within a reasonable distance of the tri-state (well actually, I'm technically in the tri-state). But there are certain things I'm definitely going to miss about Ithaca and where we lived---Brooktondale...like our 3 bedroom apartment. Even with all its imperfections and occasional bat invasion, I loved it! Our landlords were great, too. Of course my friends, and the friendliness of Upstate New York. People are so nice up there. Then definitely Wegman's, the mecca of all grocery stores. If you've never been to a Wegman's, well then you haven't lived! Their donuts are THE BEST...and so is their seasonal strawberry rhubarb pie. Hubba hubba. Then my Jeep dealership up there...yes, a dealership. I'd bring in my jeep to get oil changes and tune ups and the service department there was the best. Ah, the memories...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, fellow squatter. For Aslan!