Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 3 in Cozumel: Palancar and Yucab


Day 3 was basically dedicated to diving. We went out in the morning, pretty early. After our night out, we were zombies. But we got our acts together---well, sort of. And yes, I know this photo is partially washed out, but it's one of the very few shots I have of me on the dive boat. First we did our deepest dive of the day, reaching 80' below at Palancar Bricks. I had some challenges with equalizing my ears when I reached the deepest part of the dive, but we lingered around 70' for the most part, and it was fine. We got to go through caves and see tons of stuff like lobsters and crabs. I finally had more weights on my belt so life was great and I wasn't using up tons of air struggling. Then we went to Yucab for another dive...we went down to about 60'. I love diving because you're basically in an aquarium! Next time I dive, the night dive (with flashlights and all) is on! In the late afternoon we went to a beach to frolich in the water and relax. That night we ended up eating dinner and just walking around el centro. No Senor Frog's that night...phew.

No comments: