Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bettie Page


So this weekend Marcus is off to Las Vegas for a conference. I wish I could have tagged along, because I've never been there. But before he left, we watched "The Rules of Attraction" last night, what I would call a dark comedy, starring teeny bopper (Of Dawson's Creek fame) star James Van Der Beek...and I really liked it. So messed up. Marcus wasn't overly impressed by it...Well, this morning I watched the flick "The Notorious Bettie Page". Good stuff! And I've always been a little fascinated by Bettie Page, so it was interesting to see how she became THE Bettie Page. Then this afternoon I was hanging out with the oncologist from my internship, who's pretty cool, so we've kept in touch. We ate brunch in the Hell's Kitchen area, then walked around and ended up at a bar. Good times. I was trying to convince my sister Jennifer to come over this evening, sleep over, and then leave from here for work tomorrow morning...but she couldn't make it. It would have been fun to hang out and have a sleep over...and I don't have work tomorrow! YES. I think I'm going to get some chores done, watch another movie at home, and read up a little on veterinary medicine. Plus hang out with Gustaf, of course. The lighting is perfect in our new apartment...I've been taking the best pictures of him! I'll be posting them soon. Oh and the Bettie Page photo? Ya, I know, completely fierce. Perfection.

No comments: