Monday, September 21, 2009

Summer's Almost Over!


Isn't this a cute photo of our sweet Gustaf sleeping on our couch? Well, this past weekend Marcus arranged for my family to come over for a pre-birthday celebration for me. Marcus cooked up an excellent citrus filled salad and a great main dish, my favorite: fish. For dessert he got me a great all chocolate layer cake from Magnolia Bakery. It was all so good. My parents finally got to see where we now live, so that was good, too. Yesterday we finally started hanging up paintings and photos in our apartment. I took a walk along the Hudson River and found the Manhattan Sailing School...I've always vowed to learn how to sail, but I checked the schedule and it looks like I'm too late for this season. So maybe next year? I had been hoping, though, that I'd learn the basics and then when Marcus and I visit my in-laws down in Trinidad-Tobago, I'd be able to assist my father in law, Janne, who's a master sailor himself. Today I watched "Sin Nombre", a well told story about about a young Mexican gang member and a young Honduran woman who cross paths and end up helping each other to try to illegally cross the American Border.

No comments: