Monday, September 14, 2009

De Ja Vu?


This morning I woke up and did some chores, I made an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to check up on my intermittently painful knee, and I read a little. I also watched "Snow Falling on Cedars" today...and early into the film I realized that I already watched this film. Anyway, I really liked it...it's about a young reporter who is still in love with a woman, that as a young boy, he had a secret, somewhat forbidden relationship. This takes place during World War II when Japanese Americans were sent to US internment camps, and oh by the way, the young reporter is a Caucasian, and the woman he's in love with is a Japanese American. Although this film got bad reviews, one of my favorite cinematographers, Robert Richardson, shot it, and I love its melancholy, slow pace. Now I'm watching the premiere of The Dr. Oz Show.

No comments: