Thursday, January 7, 2010

Addendum: Bacon Pancakes, Not as Expected


So after I blogged about the bacon and maple scone, I remembered that somewhere I brunched they were serving bacon pancakes! I didn't order them, but always wished I did.So I went to the deli, bought some bacon, and made some pancakes (from scratch, of course) with bits of bacon in them. Well, for one thing, I guess the animal fat in the bacon really helped to make these pancakes cook fast and evenly...but I think the bacon altered the normal texture of the pancakes, because they weren't as yummy as usual. So I need to work on that...I'm not giving up on bacon! Marcus' family sent us this photo from the past summer...my brother-in-law Jesper and my mother-in-law Jeanette are in the photo with me, posing in front of the hospital where I work! I had just started and was excited to have my name on the sign outside! It's kind of a funny photo, too, since Jesper doesn't look to thrilled...

No comments: