Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Black Hole of All Restaurants...


I think Marcus and I found it! We went to Lord & Taylor on Fifth Avenue today, and we decided to eat at their restaurant called Sarabeth's. Sarabeth is the maker of yummy preserves, so I envisioned a cozy, welcoming, country-inspired establishment. Well, we walk in, and the "decor" was reminiscent of the type of restaurant furniture you find at one of those Marriot Courtyard hotels where reception is right next to the restaurant, and there's no wall or divider between them. Then, there was absolutely no music playing whatsoever. Then we place our order---they were serving breakfast all day which was great! I ordered eggs, which supposedly came with a muffin...I selected the pumpkin muffin. We get the food and there's no muffin, and no mention of the fact that there's no muffin. So I inquire about the muffin and I was told by the waitress that "he" said that because my meal came with bread already, I don't get the muffin...not that she couldn't have told me that BEFORE bringing the food over. And I had to ask her who "he" was, to find out she meant the manager. Then in the midst of eating our food, we hear someone screaming at someone else in the kitchen. When we headed out, we vowed we never needed to return! Too bad, the food was decent.

No comments: