Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yesterday's Fun


On my day off yesterday I started off with another session with my trainer. More bruises, more soreness. But good. Then I headed home to get ready to meet up with Stephen at the Met to check out an exhibit about Samurai swords and armor and the history behind their craftsmanship. It was cool. They had some crazy bad-ass helmets, too...like ones with bunny ears, built in ponytails and mustaches...Then we headed to the East Village to eat ramen at Rai Rai Ken. Yummy. It was bitterly cold though...ouch. We stopped into the City Bakery's satellite storefront on the way to the train and I encountered this scone with maple syrup and bacon bits....it sounded so good! Augh, I should have bought one. I'm fascinated with the combo of bacon and maple syrup. It all started with the McGriddle. Apparently if you arrive at that place by bicycle, you get a 25% discount...Today I started off with some housecleaning, and now I need to figure out my lunch situation...

No comments: